Your Local Police Department in the City or Town Where you live is where you will apply.  Your local Massachusetts municipal Police Department (i.e. the police department in your city or town) issues Licenses to Carry (LTC) and Firearms ID Cards (FID) from the police department licensing officer.  You will need to attend a firearms safety class before applying for your firearms permit in Massachusetts.